[cups.general] Changing Resolution ???

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Jul 11 07:10:54 PDT 2007

Dr. Scott S. Jones wrote:
> Here's my dilemma.
>
> Printing to a remote laser jet iiip works fine, from my machine running
> Debian 3.1 and Cupsys 1.2.7-4.
>
> The problem is the resolution of the printing is less than what I want. How
> do I change the .ppd assigned to printing to this printer?

It's a difficult to know what exactly you want to achieve, if you are a
bit too tight-lipped...  :-)

What applications are you printing from? Or what file types are you sen-
ding from the commandline?

What resolution do you see on your printer? What resolution you you want
to see? Is your printer capable of doing it?

Which specific PPD do you currently use for your printer?

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS