[cups.general] Changing Resolution ???

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Wed Jul 11 08:14:50 PDT 2007

Kurt Pfeifle [11/07/07 07:10 -0700]:

I'll try to loosen my lip and expound on the issue.

> It's a difficult to know what exactly you want to achieve, if you are a
> bit too tight-lipped...  :-)

I'd like to have my print output at a high resolution without the jagged
edges, with very sharp, crisp, clean lines.

> What applications are you printing from? Or what file types are you sen-
> ding from the commandline?

I see jagged edges when I print from Acroread, a .pdf file, or when I print
documents from OOWRITER.

I use mutt and often print email messages, by hitting P with the desired
message open. I also use enscript to print text files, created using vim.

> What resolution do you see on your printer? What resolution you you want
> to see? Is your printer capable of doing it?

My laserjet iii p prints beautifully, when jobs are sent to it from
connected windows applications. It prints these jobs without any jagged or
frayed edges. All graphics print clearly, cleanly.

> Which specific PPD do you currently use for your printer?

This is where I need help. I want to figure out how to change to different
PPD's for this printer. I believe the problem lies in having currently
installed a PPD which doesn't exploit the full potential of my printer.

--
Sandy Chiropractic Office	Dr. Scott S. Jones

V: 801.56.5428			MAILING ADDRESS
F: 801.858.9300			PO Box 1154
E: scott at fyrenice.com		Sandy, Utah 84091-1154