Finding IP Address?

Carlos Will carloswill at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 11:53:44 PDT 2007

> On Jul 16, 2007, at 14:40 , Carlos Will wrote:
>
> > http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1820/screenshotgc6.png]Screenshot[/
> > URL]
>
> That URL doesn't quite work right...
>
> Anyway, the Device URI contains the information you want, indirectly.
> In a URI such as "socket://prt242-copier:9100" the hostname is
> "prt242-copier"; you can use a utility such as "host" or "nslookup"
> to go from that to the IP address.
>
> --
> brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery at kf8nh.com
> system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu
> electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon university    KF8NH

Thanks for the reply Brandon. Doing "host or nslookup" on that would only work if those entries are listed in DNS which they are not. They are tied to a CUPS config somewhere which I just can't find. Is there no where in CUPS that will show me this info because CUPS has to know that printer123 = 10.1.1.10 because I am 100% sure that DNS is not doing this for CUPS.