[cups.general] Cups PCL preprocessing (graphical watermark)

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Jul 18 01:20:31 PDT 2007

Hello,

On Jul 17 09:01 Umberto Bernardi wrote (shortened):
>  the spool generated from my as400 is in PCL format
>  I've to put a graphical header on all pages printed

What exactly is the problem?

Is it how to add a graphical watermark and/or a graphical header
into a PCL data stream?
Or do you know how to do this when you have a PCL file
but you don't know how to do it automated via CUPS?

In the latter case, have a look at "man filter" and
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Using_Your_Own_Filters_to_Print_with_CUPS

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex