Unable to get DPR-1260 working...

Bryan Clauser bryan at kntgtaid.org
Sat Jul 21 20:15:53 PDT 2007

I recenlty switched from the D-Link DP-311 wireless print server to a DPR-1260 print server.  I connected the print server to a HP OfficeJet 5600.  I am able to get the printer to work through the router on a windows machine, but unable to on the linux boxes.  I have connected the printer manually to a linux box with success.  I have turned off wireless on the print server to rule that out.  I have LPR/LPD enabled as well as Raw TCP.  I have tried using the same URI that I used with the DP-311, but it is not working.  The URI's I have tried are as follows:

lpd://192.168.0.10/lp

socket://192.168.0.10:9100

socket://192.168.0.10:515

I have found the following error digging through logs:

"Remote host did not respond with data status byte after 300 seconds"

I have also updated the firmware on the print server.

Does anyone have any advice on where to go from here?

Thanks,

Bryan