[cups.general] HP Photosmart C6180 Printer on Solaris with Cups

Aerin Gabrielli Aerin.Gabrielli at Sun.COM
Sun Jul 22 10:00:57 PDT 2007

I have cups 1.1.21 installed on a solaris 10 system.  It works great for
my old HP712C, which is direct connected, but I want to print to my new
HP Photosmart C6180, which is on the network.  The problem is that this
printer does not show up in the list of printers.  Does anyone know
where i can get the driver for this, and how to add it to my cups
software.  Or, if that's not an option, is there another printer that is
in the list, which would work to drive my 6180 and is there
documentation on how to set that up?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Aerin