[cups.general] Jbase and cups and a stuck queue,hopefully someone recognizes this problem.

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Mon Jul 23 07:18:37 PDT 2007

Mark Krenz wrote:
> Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
>> Not sure what it exactly is that pipes use, maybe "ctrl+d". I'm pretty
>> sure that lpr does not use anything special. Just the standard code that
>> indicates "Over!"...
>>
>> To rule out any "jspprint <--> lpr" issues, I'd make jspprint print to
>> file. And lpr print from file.
>>
>> If a CUPS problem *then* occurs, you'll know for sure where to continue
>> digging.
>>
> Please, if anyone else wants to jump in and help, I'd be grateful for it.
>
> Ok, this problem just keeps getting weirder.  I've now had a consultant
> from Red Hat come on site for 3 days, look at the problem thoroughly and
> be baffled.  Nothing was wrong with my cups config or system config as
> far as he could tell.  We also had a Linux guru from jBase login and
> check the config.  Both of them also investigated the problem while it
> was happening and found nothing wrong.

Did you ever consider to re-build your CUPS RPM? And use 1.1.23 sources
instead of the ancient 1.1.17?

Did you ever sift through the Release Notes listing all changes since the
1.1.17 release (see http://www.cups.org/relnotes.php)? Didn't you see any-
thing that may be relevant to your case (fixed race conditions, certificate
creation bugs,...)?

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS