Sending options to cups backend

John Meuser john.meuser at inlifesciences.com
Thu Jul 26 10:59:20 PDT 2007

I'm trying to make a cups backend with a bash script to e-mail a PDF.  I've got it working fine for e-mailing the PDF to the user that sent the print job.  I would like to give users the option to send it to a user other than themselves though.

My first thought was to use IPP in Windows and send the email via the query string of the url.  Something like:

http://server:631/printers/Email_PDF?email=target@email.com

And then from within my script, I could extract the email from QUERY_STRING.

Apparently CUPS is returning a 404 when I attach a query string to the URL though.

Am I completely going about this the wrong way?  How should I do this?