Problem w/ borderless printing 10.4.8

Stephen Magladry stephen.magladry at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 30 20:26:23 PDT 2007

I have always been able to do borderless printing to my Lexmark 705 printer by setting print margins to zero in the Print Set-up dialog. Unforunately, I recently installed an HP printer. Now, all my printers ignore the page margin settings, always printing in the middle of a 11x8.5 when doing borderless printing. HP even had a statement in the documentation stating, "If you have problem printing from an application with borderless printing, print from one of the HP supplied applictions".

After uninstalling the HP driver, and installing a printer driver for a Brother 440 CN, I am still unable to print a borderless page using a page margin of 0, to either printer; the image still prints centered on a 8.5x11.

I believe that HP mucked with some settings in CUPS that their uninstaller didn't fix. Someone have an idea of a setting somewhere in CUPS printing system that might return my borderless printing back to the origin behavior?