Problem w/ borderless printing 10.4.8

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue Jul 31 01:16:34 PDT 2007

Stephen Magladry wrote:
> I have always been able to do borderless printing to my Lexmark 705 printer by setting print margins to zero in the Print Set-up dialog. Unforunately, I recently installed an HP printer. Now, all my printers ignore the page margin settings, always printing in the middle of a 11x8.5 when doing borderless printing. HP even had a statement in the documentation stating, "If you have problem printing from an application with borderless printing, print from one of the HP supplied applictions".
>

> After uninstalling the HP driver, and installing a printer driver for a Brother 440 CN, I am still unable to print a borderless page using a page margin of 0, to either printer; the image still prints centered on a 8.5x11.
>

> I believe that HP mucked with some settings in CUPS that their uninstaller didn't fix. Someone have an idea of a setting somewhere in CUPS printing system that might return my borderless printing back to the origin behavior?

I do not know ow your "borderless printing" is configured, but I suspect
your PS jobs somehow determine the max. area which can be
printed on - much like the CUPS test page does. Note that nearly all
HP printers DO have margins that cannot be printed on
by design or by construction. Perhaps you could post
(an URL to) a sample file.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke