[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2374: Also search MIME files in DataDir/mime

Kurt Pfeifle kurt.pfeifle at infotec.com
Thu Jul 12 13:17:36 PDT 2007

[STR New]

ServerRoot by default is /etc/cups -- I've never seen a "filter"
subdirectory there. This must be a typo...

What makes you think that *.types and *.convs are no configuration files??
Of course they are, and I treat them as such.

And I quite often do change them in order to customize CUPS for specific
customers. (I only need to be aware of Linux distros who do not treat them
as configuration files and simply overwrite them in upgrades, and take
according pre-cautions....).

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2374
Version:  -feature