windows clients print outside the margins

D Best djbest at bestpages.ca
Mon Jul 30 13:40:26 PDT 2007

This is a peculiar broblem that I am baffled on.

I am using CUP 1.12 on an Ubuntu 6.06 LTS server.  I have installed and working Samba 3 through which I am accessing the printers.

My printer is a brother 7820n and it was printing normally.  The change drum notifier came on and it was changed.

I have changed nothing else.

Problem: Test pages from windows clients print normally, regular print jobs from windows apps (Excel, Word, etc) are printing outside the margins or askew to the left or right.

In the web interface to CUPS I have ensured that the printer is set to letter and I do not know what else but the printer options to verify for proper printing.

Can anyone help?