Epson Photo R270

Eugene spam4ujeen at yandex.ru
Sat Jun 9 05:04:35 PDT 2007

Hello

A little question: do CUPS team plan to support Epson Photo R265/R270 printers in nearest CUPS releases ?

I've tried to use the proprietary avasys driver (http://www.avasys.jp/english/index_e.html) but it seems don't support the "AppSocket/JetDirect" printing method :( My printer is connected to Asus router (Wl-500gP) and I can't print from linux. I'm really frustrated :( Avasys developers don't answer my messages, Epson support don't understand what I want from them (probably because of my English :)) and the only hope is CUPS community.

Thank You