Reserved Character in deviceURI

Janus Hove janus at hove.name
Tue Jun 12 06:22:43 PDT 2007

I'm trying to set up cups on my linux machine (client side), to print to a samba server. The problem, however, is that my password for samba contains a '#';

smb://username:pass#word@the.samba.server/name-of-printer

When I add this to my printers.conf (either manually or through the CUPS web-interface), it works until restart. After restart, everything in the URI is parsed as a comment. I have tried percent-encoding the '#', i.e. replacing it by %23;

smb://username:pass%23word@the.samba.server/name-of-printer

but to no avail..

Any suggestions to what I might do to get my CUPS-configuration to work permenently?

Kind Regards
Janus