Can't find cups-samba-1.1.x.tar.gz.

Lloyd R. Prentice lloyd at paisite.com
Tue Jun 12 09:06:59 PDT 2007

Hello,

In the CUPS “PostScript Driver for Windows NT/200x/XP” section of Chapter 22 of "The Official Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference Guide," Kurt Pfeifle says:

"CUPS users may get the exact same package from http://www.cups.org/software.html. It is a separate package from the CUPS-based software files, tagged as CUPS 1.1.x Windows NT/200x/XP Printer Driver for Samba (tar.gz, 192k). The filename to download is cups-samba-1.1.x.tar.gz."

(http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/CUPS-printing.html#id392883)

I see no reference to cups-samba-1.1.x.tar.gz on http://www.cups.org/software.html, however.

Anyone know where I can find this, or more recent version, of this file?

Pulling my hair out trying to get my Windows system to print over the network to my HP PhotoSmart P1100 connected via USB to my Debian Etch System via CUPS. Kurt Pheifle's detailed doc was very encouraging until I hit this snag.

Many thanks,

Lloyd R. Prentice