[cups.general] ppd locations for cups 1.2.11

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Tue Jun 12 10:40:09 PDT 2007

Hello,
    I've got a new centos5 box running cups 1.2.11 rpms. I'm migrating my
old configuration over and am confused about the location of the ppd files.
I've got a ppd file for my printer, a deskjet 5150c USB, and i'm wondering a
few things. First of all do i put that ppd in /usr/share/cups/model/ or in
/etc/cups/ppd? Second, do i need the gimp-print rpm? Finally, i've got the
cups server wide open, anyone on my local network can have access to it,
this when i get it all set up is not what i want. I want local network users
to be able to print but not get in to any of the admin functions, configs,
etc. I'd like to tighten that down with allow users and ssl, but the last
time i atempted this i ended up breaking everything and nothing would
authenticate or print. Does anyone have a setup like this?
Thanks.
Dave.