[cups.general] Centralized Server Problem

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 11:04:19 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 19:41 +0200, Caspar Siebeneicher wrote:
> Thank you all for posting, please forgive my late reaction.
> I dont think I have an lpd queue named lp on foo. There are cupsys and
> cupsys-client installed to it.
> Can I somehow start an lpd queue with CUPS /usr/lib/cups/backend/lpd
> (is that what you meant Helge?)?

Just use something like ppf -
http://research.m1stereo.tv/wiki/index.php/Ppf - on the clients and
configure CUPS to print to socket://{clientname}:9100    This will shove
data into port 9100 on the client, unfiltered, and out the clients port.

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com