Can't print with Samsung ML-1250 on Fedora 7
kurt.pfeifle at infotec.com
Fri Jun 15 03:43:32 PDT 2007
> Trusting that you will need more information than I have provided, I
> will be glad to provide whatever information I need to to help me get
> my printer working again :)
Looking at your error_log, I see the following (for "Job 50"):
* you're printing a test page from KDEPrint, running as root (!)
* CUPS runs (without error) the filtering chain (pstops, foomatic-rip)
* CUPS starts the usb backend with device URI
* then there is a line reading "Job 50 was canceled by 'steve'."
* last relevant line reads "PID 2365 (/usr/lib/cups/backend/usb) exited with no errors"
* it took 1min 16 seconds (from 16:58:05 h to 16:59:21 h) to process the job (until cancellation)
So, from the CUPS p.o.v. no error occurred, and everything is OK.
My guess is that you have a problem with your USB subsystem?
Maybe upgrading to CUPS 1.2.11 can help you?
More information about the cups