Samba/Cups - windows client does not have duplex and other options

Brett Carruthers compreaper at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 16:47:08 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am attemping to migrate our office printer server from windows over to one
of our linux servers. I am facing a problem of the windows clients not
seeing all of the available driver options (duplex printing etc) - the
picture below explains my issue;

http://www.iii.net.au/images/Printers.jpg

The left hand side is a printer off a windows server and the right hand side
is the printer created in CUPS i am trying to get working. The one on the
right is missing the duplex printing option and another tab 'Destination'.

Anyone have any suggestions? The client printer driver is the same for both
printers and these are both on the same latop.

Thanks,
Brett