how can i manipulate raw queues

Kurt Pfeifle kurt.pfeifle at infotec.com
Wed Jun 20 06:24:43 PDT 2007

> can cups allow me to manipulate raw printing queues ?
> i have a problem with orientation order and number of copies

In CUPS-speak, "raw" printing means un-modified, un-manipulated printfiles by-pass all CUPS filters, go straight to the backend and from there to the print device.

As soon as you start modifying, manipulating, filtering... you need to stop talking about "raw" printing  ;-)

So yes, CUPS will allow you most likely to do what you want. Even by allowing you to write your own filter [in Perl, Python, Bash, C++, $whatever...] and/or backend [even in the style of a venerable Unix-like "interface script"] and plug it into the CUPS filtering framework....

So just state in some more detail what you wanna achieve, and a better help may be close: What type of data? Who/what generates the data? What type of printer? What changes do you want to apply to the data?

Cheers,
Kurt

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant --- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS