[cups.general] Network printer: remote jobs hang, print if requeued locally

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Mon Jun 25 08:29:51 PDT 2007

Hello,

On Jun 24 11:11 Kurt Pfeifle wrote (shortened):
> If Samba's config contains "cups options = raw" this option will be
> passed to CUPS, forcing unfiltered printing.
>
> If Samba's config contains "cups options = ''" this option will
> force "auto-typing" of the arrived job file by cups, and then an
> auto-configuring of the needed filtering chain.

Since some time we use "cups options = raw" by default because
in the past we had several customer "bug"-reports when printing
from Windows client machines using the Windows printer driver
doesn't work (because somehow the CUPS "auto-typing" didn't
always result "raw"-printing - I guess this might happen in
particular when a Windows PostScript driver is used).

Of course a default cannot be correct for any possible case
but as far as I know usually a Windows printer driver is used
when printing from Windows and then "raw" is correct.

Shouldn't it be possible to keep the "cups options = raw" default
in the general section and add whatever special "cups options"
only in a particular printer section where it is required?

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex