[cups.general] Network printer: remote jobs hang, print if requeued locally

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Jun 26 04:31:29 PDT 2007

Hello,

On Jun 26 04:33 Kurt Pfeifle wrote (shortened):
> Well, AFAIR, all the 'authoritative' documentation sources do advice
> to enable raw printing by setting it up in mime.{convs,tpyes}:
> by removing the comment signs in the last lines.

I am not talking about how to enable raw printing for any client.
In particular I am not talking about how to enable raw printing
for any CUPS client because for CUPS clients I would like
that printing random data (e.g. "lp /boot/vmlinuz") is
rejected with a "document-format-not-supported" error.

I am only talking about how to enable raw printing only for
printing from Windows clients via Samba where the Windows client
has the native print driver for the target printer installed.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex