How do I manage quotas?

Kurt Pfeifle kurt.pfeifle at infotec.com
Thu Jun 28 07:38:57 PDT 2007

> Hello,
>
> On Jun 27 10:23 Kurt Pfeifle wrote (shortened):
> > are there any plans to package PyKota for openSUSE any time soon?
>
> As far as I know, currently no.

That's a pity.

> I remember correctly it seems the author does not like
> it when his code is distributed this way.

This is an impression I used to have in the past too.

But I came across an exchange on a Debian mailing list a few weeks ago, were Jerome very clearly said that he'd very much like to have his software packaged by Debian as well as every other distribution. Can't find the link right now, but I'll post it later...

> Of course it is GPL code and anybody is allowed to do
> but at least I personally would prefer to have a good contact
> with the author (i.e. not work against his ideas).

I understand that.

But it is in fact different, at least now (whatever the reality matching level of our past impressions was).

Cheers,
Kurt

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant --- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS