Quota/Restriction Problems

Brian Weinstein bweinstein at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:45:05 PDT 2007

> Brian Weinstein wrote:
> > Devs,
> >
> > I have been following this guide:
> > http://www.cups.org/doc-1.1/sam.html#4_3_6
> >
> > and have tried using the command: sudo lpadmin -p PRINTER_NAME -o
> > job-quota-period=86400 -o job-page-limit=x
> >
> > where x is a non-zero value - however, this doesn't seem to be working,
> > as when I set x to 1, I am able to print out multiple (10+) jobs, which
> > clearly shows the command isn't working.
> >
> > Is this command still supported? Is there a new syntax? Any input or
> > assistance on this matter would be great.
>
> What version of CUPS are you using?
>
> What driver are you using?
>
> The quota support depends on the driver to generate a page count.
>
> (Note that the current quota code will allow a single job to go over
> the quota, and then prevent additional jobs from printing...)
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Document Software          http://www.easysw.com

I am using Cups-1.2.9, and the print driver is the LaserJet PCL 6, additionally, it didn't work with the LaserJet PCL 4/5 driver - we have tested both.

The command I am using is: sudo lpadmin -p $PRINTER_NAME -o job-quota-period=86400 -o job-page-limit=1

With no luck on the printer with either driver.

Thanks,
Brian

sudo lpadmin