Borderless virtual PDF-Printer with Cups and Samba

Holger Nowak holger.nowak at psychonomics.de
Thu Mar 1 09:12:51 PST 2007

Hi everybody,
I have setup a virtual PDF-Printer (tried own backend and cups-pdf) on a Linux Server to produce PDF's from Windows-Clients via Samba.

So far it works fine, but I get a white border with borderless original documents. I don't know at which step the border is set.

On the Client side? Win machines work with Point'n'Print cups-windows driver and MS Postscript driver.
or on the cups server? I tested the following driver

Generic postscript color printer rev4
Adobe PDF 3016.102
HP DesignJet 1055CM PS3 v3010.106 (recommended)

At which step I can set the margins to zero or are there any Postscript ppd's to print borderless?

Many thanks,
Holger