[cups.general] How to configure 1 printer on 2 OS's?

M9. monkey9 at iae.nl
Fri Mar 2 05:36:32 PST 2007

M9. schreef:
> Hello interrested members of this list,
> (and hopefully one expert among you, who is willing share the solution.;-)
>
> I have one printer, connected to lpt#1, (local) which is shared in the
> network.
> The machine, an IBM PIV 1.8Ghz, is one part productionmachine: XP,
> shares printer to all windows, and linux clients, + is Dual boot SuSE
> 10.3 testingmachine.
> The printer must be able to print at all times.
>
> If the productionmachine (XP) is on, no problem to find the printer, and
> use it, Windows easy, Linux bij using the ip adress for the printer.
>
> But, when SuSE103 is on, the one printer is seen as the networkprinter,
> AND as the local printer, so 2 printers are listed, and either one of
> them is useable.
> When i want to use the local one, this is 'forbidden' by cups
> (localhost:631),
> When i want to use the network printer, it is paused...
> So no printing can be done when testing SuSE103...
>
> We talk about 'one' EPSON Stylus C64 Photoedition, using CUPS+Gutenprint
> v5.0.0, for Lin2Win, and if possible for Lin2Lin.
>
> How can i solve this? (is it solvable?)
>
> (unfortunately this model cannot work with a printserver, if so, there
> would be no problem at all..)

Now i have deleted a printer, and if i want to go to printers, i get 403
forbidden....
- From the other linux machine i deleted the same printer, and  when i
want to go to printers, i also get: 403 forbidden...

How do i solve this?

Please?

- --

Have a nice day,

M9.               Now, is the only time that exists.

  OS:  Linux 2.6.18.2-34-default x86_64
  Huidige gebruiker:  monkey9 at tribal-sfn2
  Systeem:  openSUSE 10.2 (X86-64)
  KDE:  3.5.5 "release 45.2"