[cups.general] Spooling problem with raw PC print server

sai krishna sai gajula_kittu at rediffmail.com
Fri Mar 2 06:40:48 PST 2007

Hi,

  We are having a linux PC which acts as a print server running cups-1.2.5 with only raw support(RIP). we have attached two USB printers to the PC.

  From windows client PC we are sending the printing job.. but when we give 50 page print job the print server is not printing anything.. but it  can print upto 10 page print job at a time.

 We observed that the /var/spool/cups is taking up the space when any print is given. If the space is not sufficient it is not printing the  job. Is there anyway in CUPS where we can direct the printer to print as and when data has come and not wait till entire document is spooled. We have also tried setting option "Print directly to printer" in Windows but it is of no use. We tried some options like "LimitRequestJob" in cupsd.conf but it didn't help us.

 Actually we have very little space left in the Linux PC and we want to know if we can do it the way i am asking, it would be helpful to us.

  Please help me in this regard.

Thanks and regards,
Sai