[cups.general] Postscript problems

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Mar 2 11:04:41 PST 2007

Jeff Port wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've been having so many problems with PDF files causing the printers
> to throw an error code an halt lately that I'm starting to suspect that
> the issue may in part be due to differing postscript levels.  Which
> brings about this question, is it possible to filter out postscript
> level 3 jobs that are being sent to a printer that is only postscript
> level 2?

You may insert a PostScript procedure in the job's prolog or setup section
that checks the language level and prints en error page if the level is
less than requested.

Filtering such jobs out before they reach the printer would require to do
that with a host based PostScript interpreter like Ghostscript.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung