[cups.general] PDFs do not Print

adfas asd chimera_god at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 3 11:07:27 PST 2007

> What PPD do you use for the printer? The recommended
> PPD seems to be:
http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Gestetner-DSc38u

Actually, at the bottom of that page I clicked on
Postscript, then used the Select Printer|Download for
the Gestetner DSc38u (the exact model we have), and
downloaded that PPD.  It installed fine, and I can
print other file formats, etc, but not pdf.

> And, are you usre the printer is set up to use the
> correct media size for
> your PDFs? The recommended PPD sets the printer to
> ask for operator
> intervention in case of media size mismatch (or
> otherwise generate a
> configuration error). Is the printer configured to
> print an error page
> in case or error conditions?

I don't know.  In the printer's settings it correctly
describes what's in the trays, being 8.5"x11".  It
never sees anything coming in when I send a pdf, as it
doesn't even wake up from sleep.  It does wake up when
I send other file formats though.

> PS: with only such vague information you provided so
> far it is hardly possible
> to give reasonable advice.

I'm sorry, but I've described all the details in prior
emails with this same subject, and I thought people
had seen it.