[cups.general] one-page-at-a-time

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Mar 6 10:41:51 PST 2007

Dr. Scott S. Jones wrote:
> Anyone, on my one-page-at-a-time dilemma? I don't seem to get any responses.
> I can only imagine my particular trouble is so unique no one has an answer,
> or it's been entertained before.
>
> If so, please point me to the correct archive.
>
> I can't get linux print jobs to print several pages, without intervention
> for each page to eject.

I didn't notice your original message, but if you are getting pauses
between each page (with the printer needing you to press a button to
continue), then most likely the job is asking for paper of the wrong
type, size, or source.  On my LaserJet 2100, for example, if tray 1
is empty I have to hit the feed button to get it to pull paper from
tray 2 since my default settings have jobs print from tray 1.

So, check your driver settings against the settings on the printer -
I'd guess you have a mismatch...