[cups.general] one-page-at-a-time

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Tue Mar 6 14:16:33 PST 2007

Michael Sweet [06/03/07 13:41 -0500]:
> Dr. Scott S. Jones wrote:
> > Anyone, on my one-page-at-a-time dilemma? I don't seem to get any responses.
> > I can only imagine my particular trouble is so unique no one has an answer,
> > or it's been entertained before.
> >
> > If so, please point me to the correct archive.
> >
> > I can't get linux print jobs to print several pages, without intervention
> > for each page to eject.
>
> I didn't notice your original message, but if you are getting pauses
> between each page (with the printer needing you to press a button to
> continue), then most likely the job is asking for paper of the wrong
> type, size, or source.  On my LaserJet 2100, for example, if tray 1
> is empty I have to hit the feed button to get it to pull paper from
> tray 2 since my default settings have jobs print from tray 1.
>
> So, check your driver settings against the settings on the printer -
> I'd guess you have a mismatch...

Michael:

Thanks for the reply. Here's what I know:

The Status LCD screen on my IIIP Printer, had showed LC Tray Only....Page
Size Letter....I am experimenting with those settings.

I believe my printer configuration files (debian 3.1) all show Letter for
the page size. Though it is possible I have overlooked some key conf file
which may be sending an A4 or Legal size to my printer.

What's strange, is my debian box...sends native linux print jobs, as well,
as Windows print jobs from win98se which runs on the linux box under
Win4Lin...Those windows print jobs just print fine without intervention.

Scott