Cups 1.2.8 Mac os x

Alex it at chrisking.com
Wed Mar 7 09:21:28 PST 2007

> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been setting up cups 1.2.8 on a mac os x test server and have the ultimate goal to let users control their print jobs.  I have permissions set up correctly so they can only access /printers and /jobs, but none of the images work and there is no color for the background. The links seem to work - I can print test pages, etc.  Anyone have any idea what's going on?  I did do some searches in the forums and couldn't find anything...
> >

> So I didn't have permissions set up correctly - they also needed access to /images and / - for the images and .css.
>
> > Also, can anyone point me to some open directory/ldap authentication for cups?
>
> it looks like the users are being correctly associated with their jobs - what is the config for allowing users/authentication to delete their own jobs and get into the cups web admin?

Ok - I figured it out through some trial and error and reading the cupsd.conf man page.

In case anyone else is setting this up (allowing users to view jobs and cancel them via the cups server site),  I had to limit them only to /jobs and explicitly deny users to the rest of the cups site (other then / and /images).  For the locations I let them access I simply used a "Require valid-user".  The predefined Limits were ok for me and I will probably keep those untouched.

-alex