[cups.general] PDFs do not Print

adfas asd chimera_god at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 09:56:43 PST 2007

Thank you for that comprehensive response Gene.

Yes I was earlier able to print when I did the pdftops
conversion, but not any more.  For some reason I can
no longer print to the color printer with the PS
driver, and I do not have time to fsck with it.  I
must make a living, rather than bit-twiddling with the
ever-busted Cups. (9 years of headaches)

I can print everything to the other office printer,
albeit in black-and-white, and I am using the PCL
driver for that.  I notice that the color printer also
accepts PCL, so maybe if I can find a PCL driver for
the Gestetner DSc38u, I can survive.

The fish are biting.