[cups.general] PDFs do not Print

George Liu george.liu at ussj.ricoh.com
Fri Mar 9 10:13:32 PST 2007

Try a raw Postscript printing to the printer.
Lp -d Gestetner -o raw ~/cups-1.2.7/data/testprint.ps

Make sure you are using correct printing protocol
Socket://ipaddress:9100

Or:
ftp testprint.ps to ftp://printeripaddress

Or print from Windows Postscript driver.

If this doesn't work, it might mean that the Adobe Postscript
interpreter is corrupted somehow. Call technician.

I think the printer supports PDF direct printing. Which means you can do
PDF raw printing. Lp -d Gestetner -o raw myfile.pdf

Behalf