[cups.general] Why not "recommend" PPDs in the NickName?

Ambrose Li ambrose.li at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 18:12:04 PST 2007

> Realistically quality is no longer a big concern for ordinary users.
> Power users might quibble over dithering algorithms, configuration
> options, and color management, but those things are just "noise" for
> ordinary users that just want to know "which driver is best when I
> am printing text files".

I know this is an old thread. But I must point out that the above
statement is false. Users do not know what the dithering algorithms
are, but if the algorithms result in a visually perceivable difference,
they will subconciously know it. And in fact I have personally seen
this happen.

--
cheers,
-ambrose

PS: Don't trust everything you read in Wikipedia. (Very Important)