[cups.general] Printing PDF primer

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sun Mar 11 17:25:36 PDT 2007

We use xpdf on Linux (icewm window manager) as the pdf viewer
associated with our web browser.  Often, my wife wants to print the
pdf but the xpdf print dialog just has a command line, which normally
just prints using lpr.

I often use lpoptions to check what I can pass on the command line for
setting the printer.

I'd like to make it easier select different printer options when
printing.  I suppose one way would be to use wrapper scripts that she
can type into the xpdf print command line (e.g. draft, color, photo).

Before I go that route, are there existing tools that I could sent the
job to that would pop-up a print dialog which would allow me to select
the printer and the printer-specific options?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org