Konica/Minolta 2430DL Network Printer solution forX86_64 systems

David de Beer ddebeer at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 13 09:51:41 PDT 2007

The manual that came on the printer's CD together with the actual driver gave no solution on the problems with an x86_64 system.

John's solution works well with the 2430DL.
He released me from a severe headache.
NB 1) the symlink's spelling: rastertokm2430dl  (rastEr as in install list)
NB 2) an already installed 2430DL should be deleted in Yast (or whatever tool your distro uses) and reinstalled before the symlink works.

Just received a mail from KonicaMinolta on my support ticket concerning this matter, indicating that a 64 bits driver will not be expected within short term. To make clear they take Linux compatibility serious they attached the driver's source code.

Alas, no developer here, but I appreciate being taken serious.

David
OpenSuSE 10.2 (both x86 and x86_64)

> Hello List!
>
> I recently installed OpenSuSE 10.1 X86_64 on a new Athlon 64 based
> system, when all was said and done the system would not print.  Any
> print job sent to network printer went to never land and the only
> message in the error log of cups was the pid ended with status 22.
>
> Johannes pointed out that the failed pid was
> /usr/lib64/cups/filter/rastortokm2430dl.

During the setup of the system I installed the
> magicolor2430DL-1.5.0-1.i386.rpm system downloaded from the
> Koni> ca/Minolta web site, and the contents of that package are listed
> below:
>
> /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertokm2430dl
> /usr/share/KONICA_MINOLTA/mc2430DL/COPYING

The corrected symlink: