scheduler not responding!

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Tue Mar 20 14:38:39 PDT 2007

> On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 04:52 -0500, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> > "rc1" stands for "Release Candidate No. 1 for the upcoming 1.1.22
> > Final Release" and was released in October 2004. I don't think you'll
> > get *any* support or fix for your problem, even if it turned out to
> > be a CUPS bug.
>
> Kurt, that's just rumour-mongering.  Of course there is support for
> CUPS in Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
>
> Tim.
> */

Sorry, Tim,

I didn't mean to spread rumors, or to step on your or on Redhat's toes. Please accept my apologies if I unwittingly did do so!

It's just that I regarded the inquiry here (which even had to be repeated because no-one responded at the first time, a few weeks back) as a cry for help by someone who did not know a better place to ask. I'm glad you're saying that the best place to ask for advice on this problem is Redhat's support resources.

I'm not at all familiar with Redhat's conditions for support of RHEL owners/customers. I may have mis-interpreted the inquiry into this newsgroup/forum as one that was caused because no support was available from the vendor.

My statement said "I don't think ...", and I primarily had in mind Mike's and ESP's time and effort in case 1.1.22rc1 had a bug. Surely we all assume that the advice would be to "upgrade and try again".

Cheers,
Kurt