[cups.general] headers prevent samba printing

Alex Finch a.finch at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Mar 21 06:18:25 PDT 2007

  I have just upgraded our server to cups 1.2.8. Today I discovered that people printing via samba are just getting header pages
printed. If I turn off the header pages then they can print. What could be wrong? The files are sitting in the spool directory,and I
can print them with lpr ok. Samba is version 3.0.9-1.3E.12. The configuration has worked fine for years under our old version of
cups (.1.1.17) .

A typical entry in the samba configuration is

	[hp_printer]
         comment = Hewlett Packard 4250 Printer
         path = /var/spool/samba
         browseable = yes
         public = yes
         writable = no
         printable = yes
         printer admin = root
         cups options = raw

--
  Alex Finch, Research Fellow, Physics Department, Lancaster University.
+44 (0) 1524 593618   http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/physics/staff/ajf.htm