landscape printing in Mac OS X

Harold R. Grove rgrove at msad56.org
Wed Mar 21 13:09:50 PDT 2007

I have tried to use debian stable (alpha and i386), debian testing, and fedora core 6 as a CUPS print server in a small school (serving ~50 networked printers), and none of my OS X clients seem to be able to print in landscape mode correctly.  The cups server versions are 1.1.23, 1.2.4, and 1.2.7. In OS X, a landscaped job will come out in portrait mode, but rotated again.  iphoto 5.0.4 is the only app that I've come across that will print in landscape mode. Windows and all flavors of linux work fine. Any help is greatly appreciated !