[cups.general] Problems with Vista

Jorge Granjal jgranjal at dei.uc.pt
Thu Mar 22 04:01:58 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm using CUPS with XP, MacOSX and other clients successfully for years,
but I'm having a strange problem with the new Windows Vista.

I have no problem defining the printer using a URL like
https://ourserver.ourdomain/printer/<printer>.

On the properties of the printer, and selecting “Ports” and then
“Configure Port” I configure the username and password Windows should
use when connecting to the printer (selecting “Use the specified user
account”, just like on XP.

My problem is that Windows uses that username to connect to CUPS, but
somehow uses the "Windows logon name" when printing. This is a problem
for me because I’m using Pykota with CUPS, and so pykota denies my
print job.

Any ideias?

Thank you very much in advance!

Jorge