[cups.general] Photosmart 2570 Reverse Print Order Not Working

Jack Gillis jsquareg at widomaker.com
Thu Mar 22 12:58:04 PDT 2007

Under FC6 with HPILP 1.7.2  installed and running,  my Photosmart 2570 does not print
multi-page documents in the proper order in all cases.

Printing from Firefox and Adobe produces prints the pages in reverse order,
the last page first followed by all the pages with the first page last.
Since the printer produces the pages face up in the output tray they are in
the correct order for reading.

However, Open Office Calc, Write and Gedit prints the first page first order
so that the printed pages appear with the first page on the bottom face up
and the last page on top and I have to arrange them in the proper order for
reading.

I used the HP Device Manager to set the 'reverse order' but it doesn't seem
to take effect for Calc, Write and Gedit. Localhost:631 doesn't offer a
chance to change the order.

How can I get the order set to print multi-page documents in reverse order
for all cases?

Thank you very much.