[cups.general] Error: No %%BoundingBox: comment in header!

Ambrose Li ambrose.li at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 09:36:55 PDT 2007

On 24/03/07, Michael Sweet <mike at easysw.com> wrote:
> Ambrose Li wrote:
> > a bounding box that is not the same as the page size. And page size in
> > Postscript print jobs is hinted using the %%DocumentMedia comment, not
> > the %%BoundingBox comment.
>
> As BoundingBox is required by DocumentMedia is not, we can't depend on
> it (nor can we depend on DocumentMedia having a value we can use...)

Where did you get the idea that BoundingBox is required? According to DSC
3.0 G.11.1 paragraph 2, "there no longer are any required comments" ever
since DSC 2.1 was released, and "all comments are optional".

PS: Correction: I read my PSRM2, not the PSRM3, but DSC 3.0 was the latest,
so at least I was not reading an outdated spec :-/
--
cheers,
-ambrose

Gmail must die. Yes, I use it, but it still must die.
PS: Don't trust everything you read in Wikipedia. (Very Important)