[cups.general] PDFs Do Not Print

adfas asd chimera_god at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 09:20:01 PDT 2007

Hello,

Debian Etch running Cups 1.2.7-4, and trying to print
to a Gestetner DSc38u PS printer.  I've just installed
this printer using the Cups server web interface, as
KControl kept giving me "Client Errors".  I used the
PS driver for this printer from linuxprinting.org.

I can print anything except .pdf files.  Any idea why?

I CAN print jpg, text and ps files, but not pdf.  With
pdf Cups processes the file fine, and I see it all
going out the network, but the printer never wakes up.
 This is true with large and small pdf's.

What is different about pdf's?  They are the most
important thing for me.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail