cupsaddsmb ignores CUPS drivers

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 27 11:57:14 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've been using the Adobe PS drivers with cupsaddsmb for many happy years.

We've recently got some Windows Server 2003 boxes and this rejects the old NT4/2000 drivers. So I've been trying to get some updated drivers working.

I've placed the drivers in /usr/share/cups/drivers but when I run cupsaddsmb, it's still just adding the old drivers.

The Samba documentation says cupsaddsmb will ignore the old drivers if it finds the new drivers, but I seem to be getting the opposite.

This is a Red Hat 9 box with cups-1.1.19-13 and samba-3.0.21b-1.

The drivers folder looks like:

ADOBEPS5.DLL  ADOBEPSU.HLP  cups6.ppd    DEFPRTR2.PPD  pscript.hlp
ADOBEPS5.NTF  cups6.inf     cupsps6.dll  ps5ui.dll     pscript.ntf
ADOBEPSU.DLL  cups6.ini     cupsui6.dll  pscript5.dll

Can anybody tell me where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Leon...