scheduler not responding!

Dallas Warren dbw at ozreef.org
Tue Mar 27 18:44:47 PDT 2007

Kurt,

Sorry, missed your message before I replied to the one from Michael.

> Are you by any chance perusing your old CUPS config files for the new
> version? Did you remove and/or inspect /etc/cups/cupsd.conf,  /etc/cups/client.conf, your users' ~/.cupsrc, ~/.cups/client.conf files (watch for "ServerName" entries, and the IPP_Port ("Listen" or "Port" entries.).

Yes, same configuration files were used.  Note the only entries that are entered / active / non-default in the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file are the following:
  LogLevel info
  MaxLogSize 0
  Printcap /etc/printcap
  <Location /admin>
  AuthType Basic
  AuthClass System
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny From All
  Allow From 127.0.0.1
  </Location>
then the location details for each of the printers, which have exactly the same specification as the /admin above.
  Browsing On
  BrowseProtocols cups
  BrowseOrder Deny,Allow
  BrowseAllow from @LOCAL
  Listen 127.0.0.1:631

> Also, you may want to look into /etc/cups/printers.conf and /etc/cups/lpoptions, and your users' ~/.lpoptions files (from 1.1 to 1.2 CUPS has gained a few more and new options, and you'll not be using them if the old config files are still utilized).
>
> See http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/whatsnew.html

Had a quick look at those (will have a better look shortly), and doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary that flags itself to me as being related to this issue.