[cups.general] PDFs Do Not Print

adfas asd chimera_god at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 09:21:06 PDT 2007

> It certainly would be helpful to have the
> opportunity to look
> into a PDF that does not print.
>
> Helge

Helge, I have forwarded to you under separate cover,
an example.  I presume that you were asking for same?

Actually -any- pdf I try does not print on the
Gestetner DSc38u printer, regardless of the source,
although mine are generated from OpenOffice.

And -any- pdf I print on the Gestetner DSm622 will
only ever print one copy at a time from Debian.  From
Winduhs I can print 250 copies at a time, but from
Debian only one on the 622.  This is painful when I
have 1,000 to do at a time.

Each of these problems has been forcing me to borrow
other peoples' Winduhs machines to print.  It's
embarrassing.

I am going to comb through the Debian packages to try
and find where pdftops is, and then try to find a
non-Debian version to try.  I guess no one knows which
package the busted Debian-specific version is in.