PDFs Do Not Print

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Wed Mar 28 10:36:03 PDT 2007

> I am going to comb through the Debian packages to try
> and find where pdftops is,

Debian has 2 (conflicting) packages providing pdftops:

 (a) xpdf-utils
 (b) poppler-utils

[Poppler is a fork from XPDF that tries to transfer all XPDF functionalities into a library.] Try to run

  dpkg -l xpdf-utils poppler-utils xpdf poppler

to see which of these may be installed on your system.

> and then try to find a
> non-Debian version to try.  I guess no one knows which
> package the busted Debian-specific version is in.

Well, I don't have access to a Debian system; but I don't even know if you mentioned the Debian version you're running.