[cups.general] PDFs Do Not Print

adfas asd chimera_god at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 10:51:14 PDT 2007

--- Kurt Pfeifle <kpfeifle at danka.de> wrote:
>   dpkg -l xpdf-utils poppler-utils xpdf poppler

pn  poppler-utils  <none>         (no description
available)
ii  xpdf           3.01-9         Portable Document
Format (PDF) suite
ii  xpdf-utils     3.01-9         Portable Document
Format (PDF) suite -- uti

I've done a search of /usr for pdftops and find only
two executables:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 753480 2006-07-14 23:25
/usr/bin/pdftops*
(installed by xpdf-utils)
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5628 2007-02-02 05:20
/usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftops*
(installed by cupsys)
.... notice the major difference in size between them?
I have no idea which the system is actually using.

> Well, I don't have access to a Debian system; but I
> don't even know if you mentioned the Debian version
> you're running.

Sorry, but there are always complaints about not
-enough- detail. (rightfully)

Need Mail bonding?