[cups.general] PDFs Do Not Print

adfas asd chimera_god at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 13:31:12 PDT 2007

--- Kurt Pfeifle <kpfeifle at danka.de> wrote:
> This is the "problem" that Debian uses not the
> CUPS-provided pdftops, but a wrapper script (Perl?)
> that runs the original XPDF-pdftops, but adapted to
> the conventions CUPS expects for its filters.
>
> You can ask your system what kind of file that
> pdftops is by typing
>
>    file /usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftops
/usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftops: perl script text
executable

Yep, a perl script.  I take it, the perl script
('filter') is likely the problem?

> CUPS uses its own version of pdftops as a filter (be
> it the "CUPS-native" or the Debian wrapper for the
> "XPDF original").

OK.  Is there a way to graft in a standard pdftops
executable?

Would this potentially allow me to print more than one
copy on the Gestetner DSm622, and allow actual
printing on the 38u?

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265